Monday, March 16, 2009

I need a vacation

I've been through a lot of crap in the past two years.

After one year of trying to have a baby, I got pregnant.
I miscarried.
I started Clomid, six rounds (= eight months) later... I got pregnant.
I miscarried again.

This last miscarriage wraps up my second year of trying to have a baby. So, I decided my dearest husband and I could use a little getaway. After all, what better way to blow a portion of our tax refund?

Well, then a fellow blogger unknowingly reminded me of something my husband and I were wanting to do and never did... we had thought about it before the diagnosis, and then put it off. We put a lot of things off while battling infertility...

Well, I am on a trying to conceive break. What better time for a romantic getaway?
I think it will be nice to escape reality for a few days, just him and me. No people, no cable, no internets (I'll miss you all!), no animals (I'll miss them so very much!) It will be just the two of us. I even got my mother to agree to come over and house-sit while I'm away. I didn't think she would do it, but somehow she agreed! I won't have to worry about my house being robbed, or burned down, or something happening to my doggies, kitties, ferrets, or birds while I'm away. She's going to watch all the animals, I'm so thrilled! It will be such a relief not to have to worry about all that. I might be able to just relax and enjoy my husband's company (Of course, I'll be worried about her snooping around our crap... annoying as that will be, I'll take it.)

So, we're going for it. We'll be renting a cabin for two nights and just escaping.
It should be really really nice.

We'll be leaving sometime next week probably.
I really hope the cabin I want is available for the days I want. We're going to call tomorrow to book it. I guess I should get the car ready to handle the trip. It's a two hour drive... it shouldn't be too bad. But, I want to make sure the car is in top running condition before we go.

The more I thought about this, the more I really felt we needed it. We just really need a break from the pain, the horror of infertility. It will be nice to spend a few days revisitng simpler times. We both need to recharge I think... I can't wait.

8 comments:

..al said...

Go get that break girl!

A time-out is what I really needed.

This is what I have learnt in my four years of fun and frolic with infertility.

I kept pushing the pedal, if I was not successful, it was always because I must 'not have' done something right.

So I kept on and on. If I took a respite, the fucking clock loomed in my brain all the time.

Enough!

Take the break. It will certainly help.

~*~Bodhi~*~ said...

I too need a break though I doubt I'm going to get one soon.

Enjoy your's...every moment of it!

Penny said...

That sounds like a great idea. I've been following along with your blog but have thought of little to say - what can I possibly say? But just want to wish you well and hope you have a good time on your holiday.

Kristin said...

What a wonderful plan. Getting away and reconnecting with each other and just taking a break from life sounds heavenly.

Bluebird said...

I'm proud of you for making this happen. I hope it reenergizes you two and you're able to enjoy.

Cara said...

Good for you - enjoy each other and just bask in whatever you find!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys decided to go! We had a great time this weekend, it is very quiet and relaxing and a great way to reconnect.

I am sorry for your two losses and I hope that the hurt will fade with time and distance. Hugs to you and your DH.

http://needing-fathers.blogspot.com said...

please see the link >

http://ivf-newborns-at-risk.blogspot.com