Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Well, that was good and bad?

I had my monitoring ultrasound today. First the good news: I responded! I have 2 follicles on each ovary- 2 20's, a 18, and a 15.5 (which probably won't catch up, but it's there). Now for the bad news: my lining is super thin. I'm talking 6mm. I never had this problem with Clomid in the past, my lining has always been around a steady 11mm. So for it to be 6mm, that's pretty bad! Hopefully the progesterone supplements can counteract that somewhat, but I just don't know.

I do know that next month (assuming this month is a bust) I'm definitely doing Femara.

If it's not one thing, it's another. That's just the way it goes.

I'm supposed to trigger today, so then we'll see how things go. I still have to call in for my progesterone supplements.

Anyway, here's to hoping regardless. I have follicles, so it's not all doom and gloom. Things just could have been better, that's all.

8 comments:

An Aspiring Mom-To-Be said...

Hmmm... Exciting about follicles, but frustrating about lining.

Christa said...

Pom juice is supposed to help with lining, though don't drink it after trigger. I drank it during my IVF cycles but never had lining issues so I don't know whether it actually helped or not. I mix it with Sprite and make a spritzer out of it.

Rebecca said...

Hoping that your lining gets thicker soon.

Celia said...

HELL YEAH FOLLICLES!

ousoonerchick said...

Yay eggs! I was googling femara va clomid and google gave me your blog about it from your first round of ttc V. I thought I think I'm following her already and sure enough, so weird!

Shelby said...

Go, lining, go! Great news on the follicles!

MrsSpock said...

My lining was always just as thin on the Clomid- hence the switch to Femara as well. The good news is my lining has always been fabulous on Femara.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, GREAT follicles! Yay! The lining would worry me, too, but your clinic prolly wouldn't have gone ahead if they didn't think there was a good chance. I never responded to Clomid or Femara, but my ovaries are so ancient they're fossilized. Maybe Femara will be just the right trick!