Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Passing thoughts-


I spent most of yesterday keeping busy. I made cushion covers for my glider (finally) and mellowed out with The Beatles. After what happened in Boston the other day, I was in a Beatles mood. I have no personal ties to Boston. I've never been there, or wanted to visit. But the senseless violence has a way of shaking you to your core.

There have been so many headlines this year that have made me feel that way. I don't write about them, because what is there to say? It's terrible. It doesn't make sense. I cried. I always cry. I donate, when I can. I wish these things didn't happen, and that the world was the place I imagined it was as a child. There is a media over-share, a constant barrage of video and updates... and it can be too much. When these things happen, I step back and process. I wonder what makes a person do these terrible things. It's a useless question though- you can't apply logic to the illogical.

My heart goes out to those affected by such tragedies, those who have lost loved ones or friends. Those that are injured, those that life will never be quite the same for. I'm not just talking about Boston, although they are at the forefront today. I'm talking about all the headlines that make me wonder why? Why this family? Why this child? Why this city? Why this time?

I'll leave you with that, because I really don't know what else there is to say. May those affected find strength and peace to get through this.

No comments: