Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Okay, so-

We triggered last night.

Then I fretted about my lining. A lot.

I talked to some friends of mine and they suggest calling and trying to get put on estrogen. Now, I'd never heard of being on estrogen during the luteal phase- I've always heard it helps with lining before ovulation. They said it can help after too. I'm no expert, but I'm willing to try anything. So I called my clinic, and although my RE doesn't think it will make much difference (and the nurse assured me that women get pregnant with linings as thin as mine) she's still calling it in for me anyway, since I asked. Score one for persistence.

Now, will it help? I don't know, but at least it'll give me some peace of mind. So, I start it tonight.

I usually ovulate 24-36 hours after the trigger, so far nothing is happening (that I can tell, and I can always tell). I'll probably start feeling it later though. My temperature hasn't risen, so I'm going to wait until either a) it does, or b) 3 days past trigger to start my progesterone.

Yesterday I woke up feeling great. By noon I felt congested. With the weather change, I hoped it was just allergies. No dice. I seem to have a cold, or the flu, or some other random bug. Ugh. Second time being sick this year. Second luteal phase (out of three) getting sick too. I hope this isn't a trend. So, my sinuses are congested and I have a headache, my throat is sore, and I feel like crap. So...yeah.

5 comments:

Celia said...

That's crappy. I am ALL UP IN YOUR 2WW.

AnotherDreamer said...

lol, Celia! Thanks for that :)

Anonymous said...

I always get a cold during a TTC cycle too! How do the germs KNOW?!?
Keepin' my fingers crossed for you!

Rebecca said...

Hoping your allergy symptoms clear up. Have fun making a baby.

AnotherDreamer said...

Thanks ladies!

Stacey, I know right?!