Friday, April 26, 2013

The trouble with plans-

Oh, AF... where art thou? I'd really like for things to get moving already. 15dpo and waiting.... so much for being able to call in today to schedule that baseline on Monday! Maybe she'll show sometime tonight or early tomorrow... they're only in the office until noonish on the weekends though, so getting a hold of them is usually difficult. It figures this is the one time she doesn't show on schedule. I'm guessing my progesterone must have been really nice this cycle though, so there's that.

We had to make an emergency appointment for one of our cats today, the one that has FIV (our bedroom cat). He got really sick yesterday, and for cats with FIV when they get sick it gets bad fast. He's on antibiotics now, but the vet said that he has severe gingivitis and basically he needs all his teeth pulled. It's going to be expensive.

Because of that, we might have to downgrade the last cycle to an unmonitored cycle (with baseline only). I think it just depends on this coming cycle and finances. An unmonitored cycle would mean no trigger, and no ultrasound to make sure I'm responding... but it would save us about $250. We'll have to see how things play out. We might be able to swing it, but if I respond to the next cycle well enough it might not be a big deal to skip the trigger anyway. Eh. I don't know. We'll see how things go.

Tick. tock.


Celia said...

Good luck. ugh vet bills. Our cat had pneumonia once and the xrays used up almost all our Christmas money. SO MUCH MONEY. My body is still deciding if it wants to ovulate. You are a good kitty mama.

Rebecca said...

Hoping that your kitty will be better soon. I can't imagine how he is going to chew without teeth.

Stupid Stork said...

I am wiggling my fingers in the direction of your uterus to get this party started.

Also, poor kitty! :(