Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Life-

The power steering in our car went out this morning. Turns out the serpentine belt, uh, fell apart. Yay. And the belt tensioner was to blame.

A took it in and got it fixed earlier, but that's another unexpected expense. I'm just glad it's not anywhere near as expensive as it could be. My car is 15 years old now; so, she's getting on a bit.

I found the HCG $2 cheaper at another pharmacy. I know, I know- what fantastic savings. I'll take what I can get though. If I can get my clinic to fax it in properly... I may end up just sticking with what's familiar to save myself the headache.

I did check in with my insurance and Letrozole (generic Femara) should be covered. If I read it right it should just be $10. Which would be fantastic. So, we'll probably see about that next go around if this cycle is a bust. Unless there was some fine print I missed or crap... which is entirely possible with this new insurance.

It's was such a long weekend. There just wasn't a break in there anywhere, and it's shaping up to be an even longer week. Hopefully things will run smoother this coming weekend.

And something completely random: 2 years ago yesterday we had our last IUI, and conceived V. Not that I went around telling anyone, but it's something I'm not likely to forget, you know? My April Fool's trigger baby... I feel like that about set the tone for my entire pregnancy with him.

We are in such a different place than 2 years ago. If you had asked me then to describe my future, I wouldn't have said this. I couldn't even imagine this anymore. Going in that day, knowing it was our last cycle, our last IUI, our last try... well, it was a lot to process. And, of all the ways I saw that cycle going? A viable pregnancy wasn't one of them. I thought that we'd move on to adoption eventually. We'd live childfree, if that's what we needed. But become parents before that year was out? No. Not even remotely.

I've never been so happy to be proven wrong.

6 comments:

Melis.sa said...

:) I love those kinds of anniversaries. I think I paid something like $160ish for letrozole when I took it. $10 is a steal!

AnotherDreamer said...

I know, right? It sounds too good to be true, but it says the generic is covered. I'm hoping I understood it correctly and there isn't any fine print. This new insurance has done nothing but give me headache after headache with fine print and miscommunications.

St Elsewhere said...

Two years sounds such a long time...Glad for that IUI which brought you Nombie!

Rebecca said...

Wonderful look back at two years ago.

loribeth said...

It seems like it's always something. :p Hope this April also brings you good things! (((hugs)))

Bethany said...

Hi. It's been a while since I've checked in. I wish the best for you! These kinds of reflections are the best!