Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 2013 weigh-in-

I haven't lost anything off my waist or hips really. I keep fluctuating a half inch on my waist, last month it was up and this month it was down. I've been very bloated off and on too, probably no thanks to fertility treatments.... so I don't know. I did lose 2lbs this month though, so there's that at least.

My biggest challenge remains my diet. I really struggle with staying within my allotted calories, I still struggle with the emotional eating that comes with my depression, plus the increased calorie needs that come with my workout. This past week I had been doing really great on my calories, but then I got sick... and whenever I'm sick, I just eat and eat. Hopefully I'll be on the mend soon.

In an attempt to get back on track I have ditched Sparkpeople (SP) and decided to try MyFitnessPal (MFP). So far, I like the change. SP was great to lose that first 75lbs, but it was doing nothing to help me lose the last 25. The biggest limitation their software has is that  it doesn't take into account your workout, and MFP does. I burn roughly 500-532 calories each jog/yoga session, but SP had no way of taking that into account. It wanted me to eat 1,600 every day... and when burning as many calories a session as I do, that isn't enough to function. I never stayed under my calories on those days, so the program was no longer working for me. I think the change has been good. I can eat more on the days I workout, while staying within the limits, and I don't feel like I'm starving. And hey, the scale finally started going back down too. Even if my body hasn't reflected these changes, it's a start.

I still jog 3x a week, for 40 minutes with a 15 minute cool down walk. I do yoga after, to work the muscles so they don't lock up (huge difference on the days I skip it). I try to walk on the other days, but it's hit or miss there. Not a big deal though. I'm hoping that now it's starting to warm up we'll be able to start taking walks outside... the fresh air would be nice.

Having returned to fertility treatments, it has made staying focused on my weight loss even more difficult. I'm more emotional, I've had to post-pone workouts here and there, and a lot of the old feelings have resurfaced. We're only doing this for a short amount of time though, so I'm trying to weather it well. My weight loss isn't my main focus right now, but it is a focus and I do not want to backslide. I've worked too hard for this.

Even though I haven't made any real progress,  I took a photo anyway for comparisons sake.

Here's the stats-

Since March 17, 2012:
Weight lost: 54.6 lbs
Inches off hips: 11.5
Inches off waist: 11.5

Since January 2011:
Total Weight Lost: 77.6 lbs

2 comments:

Shannon Ivy said...

I have MFP too. Problem for me is actually using ANYTHING. In that rut with no motivation that is working :/ Good luck with everything!

Rebecca said...

I don't use any software, maybe I should. I think you are doing wonderful!