Thursday, March 31, 2011

Soooo-

First, I'm having my TSH ran again. As well as T4, and thyroid antibodies to check for Hasimotos. I went ahead and started the Synthoid today, but waiting on the results to come back. I researched online about the elevated Thyroid levels, infertility, miscarriages and everything... I came prepped with points to bring up at my appointment, questions to ask. But of course, my doctor is so amazing she touched on all the points I wanted to without me even bringing them up.

And on to the monitoring. I am waiting to get my estrogen level back, but we have a bit of a snag. Sooo, my past injectable cycles I needed 225iu a day consistently, and barely made 1-4 follicles. But I made them consistently, and without any snags. This time my estrogen rose quickly, and my follicles seemed like they were starting out the same. Not so much today. One or two of these may be wrong, but here's the gist of it... on one there was a 12, 13, 14 and 14. On the other, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17. So right now there is 1-2 mature. I had three options. I could trigger today and maybe have 1 or 2. Or I could coast without meds today, and recheck tomorrow to trigger, hoping that one or two of those 14s would catch up. Or I could do a really low dose, like 75iu, of meds tonight and hope that gives them a little boost so that a few extra will mature.

I definitely did not want option one, I would really like a few more follicles. I really wanted 4, to be honest. So I decided to push it with option 3. Pending my estrogen level, of course.

My doctor wanted option 2, but is fine with option 3. She said she's willing to take a little more risk with me, given my history, but she doesn't want to take too much of a risk and have me end up high order multiples either. So there's a very fine line right now, and we're hoping not to cross it!

I go back for a recheck tomorrow... fingers crossed, and lots of positive thoughts.

4 comments:

Celia said...

I would do the same if I were you. Or heck, I would flat out do the same period. You know, while I hate for you that you have had to go through this for so long it strikes me that the knowledge you have gained does enable you do get more out of an individual cycle than someone on their first go round. I am glad you are advocating for yourself so that this cycle has the very best chance it can.

Melis.sa said...

Sending growing thoughts your way!! I would've done option 3 also. I've triggered too early (I think my biggest was 16?), got a bfp, only for it to be a chemical pregnancy. That sucked ass. So I think it's a good call to let them get bigger and have more than one follicle :)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Kristin said...

You don't know how hard I am praying for you hon. I hope and pray this is the moment for you.

Celia said...

I don't want to sound crazy but I have a really good feeling about you this cycle. I cannot even say how much I want this for you.