Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Really now?-

- Okay, so I took my birth control pill a few hours late today because I worked lastnightthismorning (graveyard shift is so confusing sometimes). And now, yeah, I'm spotting. What the hell?

I'm thinking this type of BCP just doesn't like me. I've used it before to get rid of cysts, and while it worked it also caused issues with spotting... if I'm remembering correctly. I think last time I ended up stopping it early too. I have a week left, but was thinking of stopping it a few days early... now, I don't know. I'm going to keep an eye on the spotting. If it picks up, I'm just going to ditch the pills and let my body do it's thing.

I swear, I feel like my body is just so stupid sometimes! I'm just frustrated.

- The new pregnant sister in-law (the one who hasn't even told us that she's pregnant yet) is still going post crazy with her pregnancy complaints online, without ever coming out and saying she's pregnant. It's really annoying me, so I hid her newsfeed on FB. I don't want to deal with that.

- But don't think me a totally bitter person (Maybe I am, but shhh!) I am working on baby blankets. After all, going to be an aunt again, and a great-aunt too... man, that feels weird to type... so, look. It's keeping my hands busy-


It's a simple basket-weave baby afghan, but it's nice and thick. It works. I took it to work with me because sometimes it gets quiet in there at night, and someone asked me if I was expecting.

I kept my reply simple, but still... No, never for me. Always an aunt and never a mother.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such lucky friends and family! I hope they appreciate your gorgeous handiwork! I never made it past basic knitting and pearling and appreciate the skill and time it takes to put something like that together. I made a few baby projects thinking it was good practice for when maybe I'd make something for my own. But like you said, always an aunt...

Thank goodness for the "Hide" feature on Facebook! Without it I think I would just delete my whole account. Who can stand looking at those photos and updates constantly. Without sounding bitter there is no way to explain to people how tortuous looking at those can be. And yeah, maybe I'm just bitter too.

My body is doing its own crazy thing right now, so I am frustrated as well. One day at a time...

Kristin said...

What a gorgeous blanket. Is it a pattern you came up with or are you using a published one?

I'm sorry your body is playing games with you again. {{{Hugs}}}

AnotherDreamer said...

Kristin, thanks :) it's from a pattern in a beginner crochet book I got at half-price awhile back, Basic Crochet

Starfish, thanks. And yes, the hide feature is wonderful!

Celia said...

I have hidden a few people too. That is a lovely, lovely afghan. I started one for a co-worker back in the bad old days and was never able to force myself to finish it. He has actually had two more children since.

I believe in my soul that you will be a mother to living children.