Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feeling a little better-

I think I'm on the mend from my cold. I mean, I'm still stuffy and sick and feeling very blah, but I think I'm a little better.

I also started the birth control pills today. I'm really hoping that cyst goes away without any issues. Really really hoping. If things go according to plan, we'll be set up for the final cycle around April. Which coincidentally is exactly 4 years since we started trying to become parents. I think it's sort of fitting in a way. Our final cycle, on the anniversary of when we went down this road.

In the meantime, I'm resting up and watching a lot of older movies. I don't know, I've just been in that kind of mood. I find them comforting. I like the way films used to be when films were just beginning to feel themselves out. I love the acting, the richness of them. The screwball comedies from the 30's to 50's make me happy. And I love the goofiness of 80's movies, how you can time stamp them just by the quality and directing.

I had a bad weekend. I'm just trying to find comfort where I can. That's my goal this week, finding comfort. Whether that be in books, old movies, foods, or sleep. I'm just going with it, and it's helping.

2 comments:

Mrs Bishop said...

I love watching 80's teeny bopper comedies when I'm not feeling well (esp. John Hughes films). Glad you're starting to feel better and fingers crossed for your next cycle!

Stinky said...

Hang in there hon.
Hope this final cycle is the final one for good reasons