Sunday, June 12, 2011

My body is a practical joker-

And I don't really find it's jokes all that funny.

I can go for a few days with no spotting or bleeding, and then wake up with a bunch of junk... I don't even know what to call it, dark brown with clots, and sometimes it's red, but it's always a lovely morning surprise. Gag. And with the junk comes painful cramps and a sore uterus, which makes me really glad my RE prescribed me V.ic.odin... because on some days I need it.

This morning was one of those mornings (*sigh*)

I can't begin to describe this to people in my life. I don't feel like saying, "Oh yeah, I'm REALLY anxious today because I woke up to a puddle of junk and clots down there, accompanied by uterus shattering cramps." They know I have a clot, I've been on bed rest, I take injections daily, but they don't know what all that entails. As far as they're concerned, the baby is still alive so everything must be fine... right? I'll gladly put up with all this if the baby comes out alive, but I have less faith in that outcome than everyone else.

I am VERY thankful I haven't had any recurrent incidents like when we ended up in the ER those two times though. I can't even begin to convey to anyone how scary that was.

But it's still hard, not having any clue what tomorrow is going to be like.

Just a few more days... Wednesday will be here before I know it, right?


Celia said...

Wednesday will get here soon precious.

Diana said...

yes it will get here soon.. hang in there! =)

Kristin said...

If I had my way, I'd move you to Wednesday right now so you could get the reassurance you need. {{{Hugs}}}

Stinky said...

living scan to scan, big love, hon and hang on Nombie

Madalena Soares said...

When I was pregnant, I also had a clot. I would bleed practically every other day (mostly in the morning, also), until I was 13 weeks. By this time, I started drinking plenty of water - like 1,5L (not sure how much that is in oz) religiously and the bleeding stopped. It just stopped and never came back. And, 25 weeks later I was delivering a perfectly healthy baby.
I'm not sure if the water did it or if it just went away, but try to drink plenty of fluids. It won't do any harm.
Just try to stay positive and hang in there. I'll be praying for you and your little one.

Anonymous said...

While it is probably fine to wait until Wednesday, it sounds like bleeding and cramps are something you might be able to let your doctor know about sooner. Perhaps they would like to see you sooner and then you might be able to get some confirmation earlier that everything is ok.

Flying Monkeys said...

I've been holding off commenting because every case is different and not everyone wants to hear your story. I started spotting at 6 weeks, first big clot filled overnight pad soaking bleed at 7w4d cue painful crampy spotting until I had a second big ER visit inducing bleed on my birthday 12w5d. I continued to spot and cramp until 20 weeks. I abrupted at 28w1d and am listening to my now 4 year old raise hell upstairs. I laid in bed for over 4 months and everyday was an emotional battle over wanting to be hopeful and fear of losing what I had fought so hard to achieve. There are quite a few of us out here who can relate to what your feeling, it's different for each of us because we are different but at the base we are connected.
I was told the cramping was from the clot, blood is an irritant. I don't think my uterus stopped being irritated after I stopped spotting but then who knows if the clot was completely gone at that point?
I am remaining optimistic for you.

Celia said...

One more day chum.

Anonymous said...

You're almost there! Please let us know how wonderful you and Nombie are doing tomorrow! Twelve weeks is wonderful!

pookiedoo87 said...

Tomorrow. Hoping you see your healthy precious little one tomorrow. Good luck.