Friday, August 15, 2008

Maybe, maybe not.

So I got a "borderline" PCOS diagnosis. My doctor prefers to see a LH:FSH ratio of 3:1 as opposed to my 2:1 for an official diagnosis. Oh well. He prescribed me the Metformin, so I am okay with the "borderline" diagnosis. As long as we are treating it as PCOS I am satisfied.

I am going to wait a few more weeks to see if I Ov. I am on CD20 now.

So much fun.


I am feeling blah, and a little sad.
An old friend of mine (Who I haven't spoken to in 5 years) recently lost his little brother and sister in a car crash. They were 18 and 21.
I can't begin to imagine how painful this must be for him and his family.

I just feel so bad for them.

I saw in the obituary that this particular person I used to be good friends with has a 2 year old little girl. I can't even picture this guy as an adult, let alone a father.

It's strange how life passes us by. In our minds we like to picture that everything stays the same. We can see the school, it's concrete exterior, it's faded linoleum halls. We see the teachers all stuck in time, our friends in amber. But time never stands still. All the while we are imaging that it does, it's actually buffeting around us, a whirl wind. Neither the building, the people, or ourselves stay in this place. We all change, our world shapes us. We don't even put a dent in it, but it can change us down into our core.

Life is so strange.

1 comment:

Antigone said...

I lost a close family member to a car crash a few years ago. He was in high school still.

It's funny how the memory of some people can end up stuck in time. I'll always remember as a five year old.