Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reminders

So, on the 28th it will have been ten years since my sister lost her baby. Amariah, lost at 42 weeks, silently born.

You know, my sister never did get a clear answer to why it happened.

They said maybe it was her Rh negative blood, maybe she has Lupus, maybe they waited to long to deliver and that if they had induced a weeks earlier she'd be fine. The doctors never told her, "Yes, THIS caused your baby to pass away." No, they juggled her around, told her one thing, then another.

I sent her a card to let her know I was thinking of her.
I said, "I know how hard this month must be for you." and I told her that I miss Amariah too.

I hope that gives her some small comfort,
knowing that someone else is remembering Amariah too.

She lives on the other side of the USA than I do, so I never get to see her. And I wasn't sure what else to do, and I really wanted to do something. So I hope this is something.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Oh my. Wow, at 42 weeks. I hope your sister is okay. Even after 10 years, it must be hard to observe this day.

Kristin said...

That was a a wonderful thing to do. A dear friend of mine lost her son at 36 weeks. I sent them flowers and a birthday card on the one year anniversary and she thought it was wonderful just to have someone acknowledge Adam's existence.

janis said...

I am way too late to this, but I still wish to remember Amariah with you.