Friday, November 1, 2013

Second beta-

Doubling time of 44.3 hours, it went from 260 to 551. That is excellent! Not a guarantee of viability, but we are definitely off to a good start. Hoping so so so much that nothing happens.

They scheduled me for an ultrasound at 5w4d, which is too early to see much. I may call back to reschedule for a week later. While I would love to see what's going on, and the wait for the scan is going to kill me, but I'd really rather see more. Plus I would like to pay for less ultrasounds, my co-pay with them through the fertility clinic is ridiculous. I don't know. On one hand, I'm anxious. On the other, I'd really like to wait it out. Ugh. I have time to change my mind. I don't even know if we'll make it that far, so I am just going to wait and see, then think about it some more.

I'll have to start the pre-authorization process for my progesteone soon, since it could take a week or more. They told me I shouldn't need authorization for the Lovenox, but it had a clause that said for some doses you do... so who knows. I have Lovenox and Crinone to get me through a few weeks, but it's probably better to get that ball rolling and see what kind of crap my insurance is going to pull. Because, with this new insurance, I can usually count on them pulling something.

So... yeah. So far so good. Hoping hoping hoping the future holds more of the same.
Hanging in there.


An Aspiring Mom-To-Be said...

One step at a time.... But today's beta was fantastic! Continuing to send good thoughts. I meant to
Comment the other day and tell you your costumes look amazing!

Celia said...

I don't know if I entered my coment because James was pulling on me. I am hoping so hard that everything is nice and calm and BORING.

Rebecca said...

So glad your numbers are good. Now I know if it were me I'd not want to wait but I think I'd put it off for another week to hopefully hear a heartbeat. Good Luck!

MrsSpock said...

Woot! said...

Fantastic numbers!! Ugh, yeah if your co-pay is a lot then I would just wait. I hate the anxiety too early ultrasounds bring with them.

AnotherDreamer said...

Thanks, we are definitely leaning towards waiting! I kind of want to wait, but our co-pay is really terrible... A absolutely wants to wait another week. I'm going to call and argue my case on Monday to have it switched ;)