Thursday, May 16, 2013

TWW and decisions-

Time is really dragging here. 7dpo. I plan to test on Monday, and again Thursday. Yesterday I tested to see if the trigger is still in my system, it's normally out by 8-9dpt. Seeing as to how it was only 7dpt, of course it was still positive. I knew it was too soon, but I guess part of me wanted to remember what a positive test looked like. Hahaha. Yeah. I'll check again tomorrow, it should be out by then

I'm about 98% decided that we won't be doing another medicated cycle, at least until October. The more I think about it, the more compelling to reasons to skip this next month. I'm not saying we'll TTA, but we'll go natural and see what happens. Hopefully I'll get a rebound ovulation. Financially, I think it would be a stretch. A's health and anxiety is something else to consider. And at the end of June my sister is planning to visit; I haven't seen her or her kids in 2 years. She hasn't met V yet either, so that's exciting. So, I don't want to be busy and focused on treatments. We're hoping to rent a cabin as a family and have a little get away, spend some quality time together. Which, again, free time and finances are a factor.

So, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes to skip next month. Do I want to? Not really. But I think it'll be for the best. In July I plan on going back on birth control pills to regulate things and prevent until after my friend's wedding.

Not that I haven't already said this a hundred times, but it would be really nice if this cycle worked and all this hemming and hawing was for nothing. And the EDD would by birthday. You know I looked that up. Because I'm a masochist.

Hopefully this weekend will offer some distraction. The new Star Trek movie is coming out tomorrow, and if the weather cooperates I'd like to see it at the drive-in. Oh yeah, because they're open now! I'm excited. It looks like it might rain though so that could put a damper on things. But, hopefully ONE day will be clear enough. If one of the days clears up I'm hoping to head out to the zoo too. The forecast has been pretty crappy lately. It changes day to day, but it basically says rain, rain, rain, maybe rain, maybe rain, rain... I have to check the weather doppler before I even leave the house. Arggh! Not that a little rain is bad, it just makes getting out of the house more difficult. Especially for getting out of doors and walking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL You know all us IFers are masochists! And every one of us counts the months forward every single cycle. *sigh*

I can't wait to see the new Star Trek! And I love your skirt! It's just too funny! :) I'm usually not a fan of reboots that rewrite the original story, but I have to admit I really enjoyed it and Abrams knocked it out of the park!

AnotherDreamer said...

I'm not usually a fan of reboots either! I thought they did a good job keeping the integrity and the spirit of it though, so I was pretty happy with the first one.

Celia said...

That is true. I cannot help but count my cycle days even though it is crazy and near pointless. I think it is somewhat more maddening NOW because we know we actually could get pregnant on our own. Assuming the stars align and BLAH BLAH SO MANY THINGS GO EXACTLY RIGHT that it is insane to even think about it. At least before I was resigned. Now I am hopeful and I am just as dumb as I was in the beginning.