Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rounding down-

I just got my HCG trigger in the mail, needle and all. I really hope I'll need it, because right now I'm not feeling it. I mean, my ovaries are usually popping by now with Clomid and I don't feel anything. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but let's just say I'm short on optimism. But when am I not? We'll see how things go tomorrow though. If there's no follicles... well, we'll deal with that when we get there. If I'd kept my original appointment I would have went in today for a scan... but it's probably better that I rescheduled. I hope.

The cat has been doing better, but also not. He stopped eating again for about a day, but then started again. His surgery is scheduled for Thursday, assuming he passes the blood work. If his liver function is impaired, they'll recommend against surgery and probably recommend euthanasia. We're hoping the antibiotics have done their job well enough though, but we'll have to wait until surgery day to know for sure.

V has been grumpy lately. He's teething again (finally), so I'm sure that's not helping. We're up to 7 teeth, with one cutting right now. All incisors (primary and bilateral). We also started transitioning him to his own room... yeah, he's 16 months now and I still haven't gotten him out of our room. Winter is cold and drafty in our house, he still doesn't sleep through the night well, and I like making excuses. I suck at tough love. There, I said it. I'm terrible. It breaks my heart and I just want to make it all better, I mean he's crying because he wants to be near me. How sweet and sad is that? I feel like a terrible mom. It's weird not having him in the room with us, it's disorienting. I'm sure it's worse for him. He screamed for 8 minutes last night before passing out, and I hope it gets easier as we go on. Those 8 minutes felt like so much longer! He woke back up at 9am (normal time is 10-11) and came to bed with me for awhile for cuddles... it's progress though.

My diet has been completely off track. Ugh. I'm having a lot of trouble staying in my calories, and I know why- thanks infertility. Between the medications and the head space, I'm really struggling to maintain. I'm not even working towards losing right now! I just want to maintain... and so far, I've regained 5lbs, give or take. I'm trying to be more mindful, and to cut out sweets, but it's hard. I went months without a cookie or piece of cake before, but here I am craving something sweet every single day now. And that's not good. Arrggghhh. I can do this. I know I can. The last couple days I went a little above my calorie needs, but not too much higher, so hopefully that's a start (or re-boot?).

I really hope tomorrow goes well.


Rebecca said...

Hormones are so wonderful for your figure!

Sadie said...

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now; but hoping your (understandable) scepticism is unwarranted and tomorrow goes great.

An Aspiring Mom-To-Be said...

I'm hoping things are okay for your cat. Pets become such a big part of your family. Hoping that they are able to proceed with the surgery and that things are okay.

The crying gets a lot better. My little guy goes right to bed without crying. Heck. Sometimes he even goes to his crib. Does he have his molars yet? I wonder if that is what is going on. Matthew was super fussy and clingy and downright high-maintance for a few weeks. I kept kind of wondering what his problem was because it was so out of character for him. It wasn't until one day when he was crying and leaned his head back that I noticed he had three of his molars (which were so big and looked SO painful!). Oops. Somehow I missed that one. Parenting fail. They were rough for him.

Celia said...

I hope it goes well too, I am on CD 37, and if nothing happens I am going to test Wednesday morning. Which I guess means I have to go back out today for a stick. hurrah Every child is different, he'll get into his own room eventually. Our cat had liver failure, and it was so horrible. I will pray he gets better.

AnotherDreamer said...

ASMTB, just the bottom bilateral incisors that I can see. He's been really slow to get his teeth, but whenever he gets them they come in pairs, last time he got 4 all at once. So the one bottom has cut through, but the other one is still trying to cut through. I am dreading the molars!

Thanks everyone!

Celia, hoping that something good is happening and you get a surprise this cycle.

Celia said...

Oh I forgot, James is getting two molars and it is taking FOREVER and his is miserable. He was up at 9 30, 12 30, 3 and then up for the day at six. I am old.

AnotherDreamer said...

Celia, Oi! That has to be rough :(

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I hope you get some good news. I still can't talk about my girl Lila. Two years later and I miss her as much as the day she was gone.

Oh, the bedtime challenge. We had Davie in our room until about 18 months. She got really hard to sleep with - somehow one little kid can take up the whole bed! She would wake up all night long. We started putting her down in her room, and she slept so much longer! I think it was bumping into us that would wake her up.

In the past two months, though, she has started getting out of her bed and getting into ours around 1 or 2 am. I just love giving her kisses and snuggling with her. But I've gotta start getting up and putting her back in her own bed, I think.