Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pressing on-

Five days into stimming and I have one follicle on my left ovary (9mm) and like three or four on my right ovary (biggest is 13, smallest is 9). Basically we're doing the same as on previous cycles, this is pretty much where I was with V's cycle. I have yet to hear back about my estrogen (the lab still hasn't posted it online either, argh), but the RE I saw today told me that from what he saw on ultrasound I should stick to the same dose (225iu) for a few days.

This does worry me a little because within 4 days I went from 4 maturing follicles to like 6 or 7 mature with V. Huge difference. And that was after lowering my dose due to my estrogen level.

He gave me the option of coming back Tuesday or Wednesday, and I opted for Tuesday because of the 13. If it continues to grow at the typical rate of 1-2mm a day, it could be anywhere between a 17 and a 21 by Wednesday. So basically I'm worried it will get too big by Wednesday and I'll ovulate on my own before then. This has happened to me before on an inject cycle, and I really don't want to risk it again- it would ruin my chances of an IUI. Going in earlier means I risk having to come back for yet another ultrasound, but I think it's better to play it safe.

I was hoping my weight loss would make some difference in my treatment, but I didn't hold much hope for it. Good thing I didn't, eh? Ha! 50lbs less than my last injectable cycle and... well, nothing! Same old, same old. My ovaries are awful stubborn. Or should I say my PCOS is wicked evil.

Anyway, if we're lucky we'll have good news Tuesday and an IUI on Thursday. Positive thoughts welcome!


An Aspiring Mom-To-Be said...

Positive thoughts coming your way. Hoping for good news Tuesday!

And yes.... PCOS is wicked evil.

Jennifer said...

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

Woo! Can't wait to read what happens next. My follie scan is tomorrow morning. :)

Rebecca said...

Hoping you soon get great news!