Saturday, October 16, 2010

The usual-

My mid-cycle yielded no surprises for us- not a single maturing follicle. Lots of little PCOS classic bastards, but nothing standing out. Ungh.

Going to treat today as CD3 and start 7.5mg Femara again... just to see if it does anything. If not... well, we may be doing an injectable cycle next month. Maybe. Not sure yet. Depends on how much donated meds my doctor has put back for us, and how much we'd have to pay for ourselves.

I feel like such a freak show sometimes. Most people find a medication or dose that works for them, and it keeps working. Not me. My body sees everything as a challenge... it resists with all it's might. It says, "Fuck you bitch, I don't want to be pregnant!" I mean, it doesn't ovulate. It doesn't respond to fertility treatments. And my womb of doom makes short work of any pregnancy that occurs.

I am screwed.

Oh well, off to stuff my face with delicious comfort foods! And maybe I'll have an impromptu date night with the husband too. We'll see.

Life goes on, and I'm not going to let this crap ruin my weekend though. That's for sure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit, I'm sorry. That sucks. It was always so disappointing to go for those mid cycle ultrasounds and wonder if my ovaries were going to cooperate or not. Stupid pcos.

I hope you do have a nice date night with the husband, and indulge yourself today. I'm glad you aren't going to let it ruin your weekend.

Would your RE let you try a combo of femara and injectibles? Maybe that would reduce the amount of follistim or gonal f you would need to use?

unaffected said...

Bleh, sorry for the little PCOS bastards :( Hopefully you will respond to the Femara and get something going!

I have to say, though, I really liked "womb of doom". I may steal that at some point ;)

Heather said...

I completely understand how you feel. My body doesn't want to ovulate on anything either...maybe the injectibles will make your body behave!

Unknown said...

I'm assuming your fertility meds aren't covered by insurance either? Dontcha love it???

AnotherDreamer said...

Negative Nelly: Nope, not a dime.

Heather: They've worked in the past, so they should again. If it weren't for so many other factors we'd probably do a few cycles of injects. But money, history of miscarriage, etc... it just isn't our favorite option.

Unaffected: By all means :)

BirdsAndSquirrels: I don't think so. And with my history, I don't really know if it would do much good. On injects I can get 2-4 follicles, but if we use Ov meds I don't know... it might not make a difference, take too much additional guesswork, or reduce the amount of follicles I get overall... I don't know if we'd want to risk it. We know the injects work well, it's just the dose has to be so darn high. My body is so annoying!

Melis.sa said...

balls. I hope the second dose gets your ovaries to produce a couple of nice follies.

Stacey said...

argh, i'm so sorry. At first I was jealous of all the people who could get pregnant naturally. Then it was everyone who had success with Clomid or Femara. Then IUI's seemed so easy when we were finally facing IVF. I'm so glad injectables finally did the trick for us, but omg, my bank account and I sure do wish we could've done it one of the cheaper ways. Maybe injectables will be the trick for you! There were no signs of life whatsoever 'til we started using Gonal F.

Anonymous said...

thanks for participating in the giveaway!!!!