Monday, July 16, 2012

Resetting-

I talked to the nurse today at my ob/gyn's office. I'm rescheduling my appointment for the end of August, and until then I'm just giving my body a break from the pill. I honestly have never had these issues with the pill before. The nurse kept calling it "breakthrough bleeding," and I was like, "Sure, if you want to call it that." Technically it is, since it started when it shouldn't have but it's heavy, and it doesn't just last a couple days, it lasts until I get to the start of a new pack... not my idea of "breakthrough bleeding." I'm almost bleeding more than I'm not.

Maybe giving my body a break will be a good thing. I don't know, it's worth a try. Until then, I guess we'll just use a different method of prevention and hope my body behaves itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG it sounds like you're having the same issue I did. I went on BC when Zoey was about 5 months old b/c of the PCOS. To be honest, you may never want to do BC again... I couldn't stop bleeding. I tried it for 6 months and by the 6th month, I was having 7 days of bleeding, 7 days off, 7 days on, 7 days off... so basically 14-day cycles. Once I came off the BC, everything got more normal.... now I have 30-37 day cycles and less cysts than ever. I don't know what happened but it sounds like the same thing you're experiencing. Keep an eye on it. I had also tried 3 different brands in that 6-month period and finally threw my hands up. I'm so glad I gave up on it.

Celia said...

My whole cycle changed after I had Peter. I have read that pregnancy can reset your cycle. I used to have cramps that were incapacitating. And it would last a week. Or memorably, 80 DAYS. And then 120 off or something equally crazy.

Rebecca said...

Yup had the same. I was on the pill before each IVF and I had "breakthrough bleeding". I was bleeding for almost three weeks.