Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July weigh in-

Last week I slacked off pretty badly from my workout and calorie restrictions. A was on vacation and we were running around a lot, so I feel bloated and out of shape. The scale hasn't shown a huge setback for my slip up though (so far) so I need to just get back on the horse. Especially with the jogging, because I paid for my slacking when I got back on there Sunday. I only missed one jog last week, but it was enough to make that jog feel like an impossible feat. Ugh.

I finally bought new shorts. First of all, a little rant. I had to shop at 4 different stores before I found a single pair of shorts in my size. They all told me they got their summer clothes in March, and that they start getting fall clothing in June. Okay, but that's just ridiculous. They stop carrying summer clothes before summer even begins! Seriously, we have two months left of summer and shorts are a rare commidity. The heat index today is supposed to be 104, and we've had this same weather for the last month (drought, extreme high temperature and humidity) and it doesn't have an end in sight! But, no, we totally need to start buying winter boots RIGHT NOW.

They told me I should have bought them in March... I did buy some in March, but I lost weight since then and they don't fit anymore. So, argument fail?

Anyway, I was lucky and found a couple pairs on clearance, that were actually in my size. I felt pretty good in the dressing room. I started in a size 22 in March, and now I'm in a size 18. WOOT! It was a pretty nice ego boost. It's been a hell of a long time since I've fit into a size 18... a good 7 years. I'm smaller than I was on my wedding day now. Not bad! Now if I can just keep going.

I weighed 211 last month, this morning I weighed in at 204.6lbs. So that makes a 6.4lb loss this month.

Since March 17, 2012:
Weight loss: 22.4lbs
Inches off hips: 5
Inches off waist: 4.5

9 comments:

loribeth said...

Good for you!! Keep it up, you're doing great! : )

I so hear you on the seasonal shopping. :p I can remember starting to work downtown here at the end of February, & hunting for some new work clothes. I couldn't find ANYTHING that was winterish -- it was ALL spring stuff in the stores by then. And that was 25+ years ago, so you can imagine what it's like now... :p

Melis.sa said...

Kick ass job!! That's fantastic!! Going down sizes?? Seriously, I hope you are celebrating your weight loss, you are doing so awesome!!

Jennifer said...

Nice! So fun buying clothes in a smaller size. Good job making time to jog - it's so hard with a baby (at least for me.)

blueeyedtawni said...

AWESOME!!!! Doing great!:)

AnotherDreamer said...

Jennifer, it really is hard to find the time! I have to have my husband watch the baby for an hour on the days I jog, it gives me a little "me" time where I can put on my headphones and zone out... so I actually look forward to it most days now lol. I figure that since I'm pretty much with the baby 24/7, he can give me that hour I need ;)

Lissie said...

Great job!! You look awesome! I'm totally jealous!

Shannon Ivy said...

Awesome! Keep up all the good work!!

Rebecca said...

You are doing great! You look great too.

Ducky said...

Wow you look great! I need to get on the ball with this as well.