Sunday, February 24, 2013

Delayed weigh in

My weigh in, much like my diet, has been deterred a lot this month. The other day the scale said I was the same exact weight as last weigh-in, and today it says I'm back at 183 lbs. My tape measure says that I've regained an inch on my hips. Yeah, I thought my pants were snug again- they were fairly loose. Which, you know, felt great. But not anymore. I know I haven't regained a lot, not when you consider that my hips are still about 9.5 inches smaller than a year ago... but it feels like a lot more. Those 3 lbs feels like 30.

I know I've been doing bad. I haven't been following my diet, like at all. I haven't been exercising as much- I did keep up with my jogging, but I skipped most of my walks. This past week I haven't even jogged because I've been so sick, and doing anything other than a slow walk was physically impossible. So I made cookies and I laid about. Being lazy has it's perks- Losing weight isn't one of them. Hormonally and emotionally I'm all over the place too, so I'm sure that isn't helping either. Yay infertility, you are so awesome! Not.

My back hurts a lot less though from my hiatus. I mean, A LOT LESS. It still hurts, and I do keep getting the tingling pain in my hump, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it was. I know I've probably been overdoing it, but I'm only jogging 3x a week, and walking the other days- that really doesn't seem that excessive to me. Apparently my gimpy body begs to differ? Eh.

I'm getting right back on my diet today- no excuses. I'm feeling a lot better but I'm still a little sick- we'll see if I can jog tonight. I might have to take it down a few notches to a slower pace, or walk instead, but I'm going to do something tonight. Slacking off has it's advantages, but I get angry with myself for not doing what I need to for myself and my health. I hate making excuses, because there aren't any excuses for this- I'm being lazy. Seriously. I just don't want to deal with it. And that's not a valid excuse. Being sick- yeah, sure that's a valid excuse for not working out. But that's no excuse for why I dumped my diet like a hot potato. Or why I ate so many cookies yesterday. And had soda (caffeine free, but still loaded with sugar and calories).

So, today is a new day. I've done really well with my diet, I bought healthy snacks, and I'm going to be okay. I can do this.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hoping that you'll be able to find a good balance of diet and exercise without hurting yourself.

Shelby said...

It's so easy to feel like one foot off the wagon is a complete failure. However, remember how far you've come. It's pretty miraculous and while these last pounds will be harder than the first ones you lost, you know you have the ability to do it. Getting back up is almost harder than starting, but you can do it!

The Steadfast Warrior said...

I hear ya! My body isn't the happiest with me either.

And yes, you can do this!! I'm right there with you. :)