Friday, September 14, 2012

Feeling crafty-

It's my husband's birthday today. He's 8 months younger than me, so I get to gloat my age over him as the year goes by. You know, because I'm older and I know better than him. Heh. We joke about it a lot. So, he finally caught up today!

I spent most of yesterday making his cake. It turned out pretty well, considering that I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to baking, or cake decorating. It's really not my strong suit. Most of the time I try to make him a cake, it really doesn't work out well. Almost everything I've learned has came from TV cooking shows and the internet. Thank you Google!

Here's his cake this year:

It's from Min.ecraf.t. He plays that game a lot, so I figured I would show him a little love with a themed cake.

It's all edible. Even the Cre.eper on top. I discovered modeling chocolate... and it's amazing! I see more of that in my future. It's incredibly easy to make, and so much fun.

V is wearing his Cre.eper onsie, in keeping with the theme. He's adorable, of course. Not that I'm biased or anything.

I'm sure the cake isn't going to help me meet my weight loss goal this month. I feel like it's kind of shot anyway. I mean, I have lost weight, but it's not as much as I could have lost. It'll be okay though.

It's been so nice to wake up this morning, to say Happy Birthday to my husband, and to have V crawling around while we got ready. I know, it sounds pretty tame, but for anyone that's went through infertility/loss knows... this morning was anything but tame. It filled my heart with joy.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the cake. Now where is my piece?

AnotherDreamer said...

I wish I had more people to share it with, because otherwise it's just A and I eating it... if we had more people sharing, it would be gone faster lol.

Melis.sa said...

The cake looks awesome! (and delicious :)) Happy Birthday to your dh!

kim2649 said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby, and I'm so happy for both of you that life is joyful!

Stinky said...

I'll share some with you too! Always a yes for cake here (to the detriment of the belly).

Love the sense of joy and peace at the end of this post