Monday, January 9, 2012

Still healing-

Well, I got my fever down Saturday finally. I kept it down with my fever reducing medications, and still felt like someone ran me over with a truck. Okay, that may be a bit dramatic. Maybe a small truck... or an El Camino.

Point is, I feel like crap still. But my fever is down now (even without meds!). It hasn't went above 99.4F all day. A big section of my incision started oozing yellow crap yesterday. Yuck. I'm told this is probably normal, and may be a good thing? My clothes got soaked through, and it was disgusting. Then today, two new spots on my incision started oozing as well. Bring on the nastiness.

So, I'm going back to my OB on Wednesday to access my oozing. I just find it odd that almost 2 weeks out from my surgery, it just now starts oozing. I mean, they told me that oozing could be normal as it heals... but at this point my steri-stip things should be falling off and it should be healed (well, at least closed). So I'm a bit confused. The nurse did say it could be because of the infection, which is why it could be good, since that means it's getting the nasty stuff out from the infection. I don't know. I do know I'll feel better if I have my OB look at it just the same.

The skin affected by my Cellulitus is still very red, very painful, hot, and starting to peel some. I personally don't see any improvement there so far. It's still early, but I would hope for some progress.

My Mastitis seems to have cleared up some. The right side of my breast isn't bright red, swollen, or painful anymore. Hooray for small victories!

V- is doing well. He had his appointment the other day, and he's gained back his birth weight already... so he's almost 9lbs again. His umbilical cord fell off last night, and he's 2 weeks old tomorrow.

I really don't know how that happened... I blame the sleepless, restless, and often pain reliever induced daze I've been in. It makes me sad that time is passing so quickly. I feel like I'm missing out because of my extended recovery. A- has been on vacation, so he's been here helping out. I wish I didn't have to rely on him so much because I want to do so much more for V-, but physically am unable to. I hate being so helpless. It's like being on bed rest all over again. But, at the same time I'm glad he's gotten this time with V- before returning to work. He's a great father, and I love watching him cuddle our son. Unfortunately, A- has to go back to work tomorrow... I have a sad. I'm going to miss him around here, and all the help he gives me.

And to my followers, I just want to let you know I understand if you feel the need to unfollow now that my blog is changing. I know that sometimes it gets too difficult to keep following sometimes because of the transition of "infertile blogger" to "parenting after infertility blogger". I want you to know that I have enjoyed your comments, your support, and I wish you luck and all the best in life.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to transition, right now I'm just going with it. Infertility is still very much a part of my life, as well as our losses- especially since we have decided we are not likely ever to try for another child biologically (we'll revisit in 5 years, but for now our consensus is no- I guess more on that later). So where does that leave us... I don't know. Right now, we want to enjoy our son. Maybe someday we will brave the storm of fertility treatments and the risk of loss again, or maybe we'll go for adoption as we'd planned... but for now, we just want to enjoy this moment.

Now, since V- is still fast asleep in his bassinet, I'm going to sneak a moment to grab a snack (or rather, send A- to fetch me something). I should probably take some pain meds too, I'm starting to get really sore again... ugh.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm still going to follow you.

I hope you are soon all healed up.

Love to see the baby pictures.

Lissie said...

Glad you have been able to have your hubby's help! It sucks that this has been so rough for you. I hope you start feeling tons better very soon!

Melis.sa said...

I hope the OB can offer some relief!

I know how that goes, my blog took a hit after I had C, plus I didn't post as much because I didn't know what to say and I didn't want to hurt anyone...but I can't leave because there are so many people I want to see reach their goal of a baby...

Celia said...

I am glad you are a bit better. Right where you are is why I am desperate to avoid a c-section. I mean, obviously we all just want a baby at the end of it but I will never forget the wretched recovery from Peter's c-section. The idea of doing it again, and with TWO children makes me panicky. However dude, you are about to turn the corner. The first two weeks are the worst.

Shannon Ivy said...

I'll still follow you :o)

I was thinking about you earlier today, was going to email you and ask how you are doing. Glad you are getting a little better.

Don't forget to give us photos once in a while!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure I lost a lot of readers, too, which kind of hurts because we're all in this journey together... and it's good when there is finally a victory to PCOS. But know that I plan on still following your blog. :) And who knows, maybe pregnancy will reset your body... I know that for me, I went from zero periods to infertility treatments to having a baby... to bleeding constantly for several months and now... I think I am starting to ovulate around CD 19 each month. What?!?! Crazy, right? So maybe... just maybe... there is hope for us all after one successful pregnancy. Although like you, I've decided I'm content if we never have another one... but we'll see. My dream of 3 children is still there... 1 down! ;) I am glad you're starting to feel better at least... it's all uphill from here!!

Celia said...

I lost a lot of readers when I had Peter, and then again when I got pregnant on my own. But I did not start my blog for other people. It still fulfills it's purpose by helping me keep my sanity.The feedback I do get is usually very helpful.