We tried to get my Lovenox prescription processed with the new insurance over the weekend.
I get the generic, and first it was declined. They tried running it a different way, it was covered with a $334 co-pay ($1046 without insurance). Then they tried to run it through my supplemental benefits (told to treat it as a secondary insurance) and... they couldn't. The website didn't work, and no representatives were available until Monday during regular business hours. Cue panic.
I mean, at this point we didn't know if the supplemental would cover the prescription at all. I spent the weekend frantic, wondering how we could afford that, if I'd qualify for forbearance on my student loans, if Heparin would be cheaper (it's not covered at all by our insurance)... I. was. freaking. out. I need that medicine to help prevent miscarriage/stillbirth and to prevent myself from getting clots- and that's a lot of extra money to come up with.
So today came around, and THANK GOODNESS they kicked it through the supplemental with a co-pay of $84. The lady at the pharmacy probably thought I was crazy with how excited I was with that news, and how profusely I thanked her for her dedication to getting it processed for us. I basically melted in my chair from relief. Whew.
So then the upcoming MFM appointment... it fell on the 5 year anniversary of when I finally passed the second baby. That obviously made me uncomfortable/anxious. We already had one appointment around the time we lost the third one (Monday before Thanksgiving), and I almost threw up in the waiting room for that ultrasound because of my nerves. Well, now we have a winter storm watch and they're calling for rain/ice pellets followed by snow, and I just said screw it... I'm not risking the hour drive there, hour drive back, with weather like that. I rescheduled. Hopefully they aren't holding that against me, but one less stress for me is one less stress for me. I'm done with stress this week. So I go in Friday morning instead. Hopefully all will be well with the babies.
Ending on a more positive note... We have 1.5wks left until viability now, so we're just hanging in there and waiting it out. Every day we get a little closer to our next milestone.