I'm 10 weeks + 5 days and alllllss well*... as far as we know. Still no bleeding or anything, so that's good- right? I don't know. Probably. I stopped Crinone at 9w6d and have been taking 200mg pharmacy compound progesterone a day since... but ran out last night so we'll see how that goes. I've been getting headaches from wearing my glasses, so every night I'm just done. I haven't been getting on the computer as much. I've had such horrible digestive issues that I've barely been functioning, it was really bad for awhile. But things are getting better there, I think, with the help of medicine.
So, I feel better than with V's pregnancy but also worse.
I still have two weeks until I get to see my OB. Which feels like forever. In the meantime I'm building a list of a hundred questions (which may be an exaggeration) about my care with twins:
- Are they still alive? And then...
- My biggest thing is being referred to a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) specialist for joint care with my OB. I'm worried she won't do it, and I feel like this is imperative. It's not that I don't trust their care, but I'm not a normal patient with a singleton pregnancy... heck, I'm not even a normal patient with a twin pregnancy. They can be a little laid back, and I feel like I need a lot more monitoring than if this was another singleton pregnancy- I have learned that being pro-active is always better than wondering what if... and I plan to push this issue or switch doctors if I have to.
- Asking about the frequency of cervical scans and growth checks; requesting that they start at 16 weeks.
- Dietary needs (protein, iron, calories, etc...) and testing for gestational diabetes (GD). I'm assuming I'll be tested earlier because of my PCOS and twin situation, I remember getting a random glucose draw at 17wks or something with V in addition to the 1 hour GTT. I stayed on Metformin with him and barely passed, so who knows how that'll go.
- Whether we'll be switching to Heparin again at the end, and discussions of how things will play out with a recurrent c-section (RCS).
- I don't really know what else to ask... so, suggestions are welcome! I would really appreciate it. I've been doing my own research, but I'm a fan of utilizing all my resources. I don't mean that in a bad way either- I've learned so much from people out here on the internet, in this community, and I truly value it. So anything you have to offer, I'd love to hear it. Thank you!
*I hope someone out there heard that in the voice of the vulture guard from Dis.ney's Robin Hood. It's always been one of my favorites :)