Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Year Old, Times Two


We already had their party, but their birthday is today. It amazes me how much children grow and change in a year. My little babies are, well, not babies anymore. They walk, they can say words, they can climb almost anything, they are vocal and will tell you what's what.

They amaze me constantly.

We are still nursing, which means I've met my goal. We'll likely keep nursing for awhile yet. I never thought it would work out this long- I had hoped, but certainly not counted, on it working out. It's been a huge relief for us all. They eat a lot of solids now in addition to nursing, and get more confident even with just their two teeth a piece.

They play a lot more with V now too. Which is great but also harrowing. He doesn't understand boundaries, and neither do they. What is too rough for them, versus him, is at a different level. It results in a lot of, "GET OFF YOUR SISTER," "DON'T TACKLE," "DON'T PUSH HER DOWN," "IT'S NOT FUNNY, SHE'S CRYING." It's trying. He means well (most of the time), so it's just something we have to work through. Much like them all tackling the cats.

And so we close and say goodbye to our baby years. While we haven't 100% ruled out the possibility of a 4th someday, I can tell you that I feel complete with how things are. Unlike with V, where I felt the incompleteness, I now feel resolved. When I pack their things away to sell, I feel sadness but very little (if any) doubt. I'm mostly relieved, to tell you the truth.

I don't know how much more I will post here. It's harder and harder to get on here, and I feel I have less and less to say. More often than not, I'm so drained I can't write more than a quick status update. I still give support and advice where I can, but I don't know how much more I can say here other than... though the path wasn't the one that I would have chosen, I've had many wonderful companions along the way, and for that I am truly grateful. Thank you.

8 comments:

St Elsewhere said...

I hope you just did not write a GoodBye post for the blog?

The girls looks pretty. Happy Birthday, G and J!

"It is not funny, she is crying", is a familiar dialogue in our household too.

AnotherDreamer said...

Not a definite goodbye, but I may not be posting much for awhile.

Thank you :) Still can't believe it's been a year.

Ah, sorry you deal with that dialogue too. It is hard. Really hard some days.

MrsSpock said...

They are adorable! I get you on the posting- I barely update my blog now. Three kids is a lot of work. I am mostly on FB now, if you wanted to follow.

Jessi Wallace | LifeAbundant-Blog.com said...

I'm SO glad you feel peace with your family unit! That is a HUGE deal. I look forward to being there one of these days. I enjoy your little updates and do hope you post from time to time, but understand if you close the chapter, too. I hope to see you around my blog still! I know we've never met, but I'm so glad we connected in the blog world. You're probably the longest term reader I have! <3

Melis.sa said...

Gorgeous girls!!

I hear you. I love coming on and reading but posting takes a lot these days.

loribeth said...

Adorable!! I do enjoy your posts & hope you will keep writing, if only occasionally -- but I understand that three little ones will keep you busy!

Unknown said...

I've been following your blog since before V, and really look forward to your posts. Your little ladies are beautiful! So glad you got all your babies and feel complete.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Beautiful girls! Ack! A year old! Time flies. Hope you keep in touch!