Sunday, July 31, 2016

So much

Life has been busy, there is so much to do everyday and so much to manage.

The kids are full of energy, me not so much. Now that the first trimester nausea has passed, I am collapsing into exhaustion. I feel the baby girl a little bit now, we are at 21 weeks. Yes, it looks like we're having another girl. V was very upset about this at first, but he's warmed up to it... he's went from asking us to take her back, to telling me that it's okay and maybe the next baby will be a boy (oh no kid, this is the last).

V has been diagnosed with some sensory issues and oppositional defiance disorder, with precursors for ADHD, so we are in the works for counseling and occupational therapy. The girls are full of "no" and have started full on brawling (complete with head locks and biting). V meanwhile picks on G, favoring J,  and melts down at the littlest reprimand or disagreement from me. Going to the store is... sigh. Some days are hard.

Sometimes they play nicely, really. They have pretend picnics, give cuddles, or play castle together. They help each other out, or bring each other toys/snacks, or share without being asked.

Sometimes.

One of our cats was diagnosed with diabetes this weekend so we are processing that. He is 10 years old, so it's not completely unexpected but it blows. I gave him his first dose of insulin tonight and he had a possible low blood sugar episode which scared me... part of our learning curve unfortunately. He's okay now.

There is never a dull moment here.

While I feel pregnant, I also don't feel pregnant at all. Most of the time I don't think about it, but it is starting to get more real with the sudden hunger and subtle kicks,

Bottom line: We're managing. I'm tired. Kids crazy. Need sleep.

We're okay. As nuts as it is, I do love our life.
I just really want naps to be a thing still.

No comments: