Saturday, June 7, 2014

Our last MFM scan-

We are 35 weeks and had our last growth/fluid scan yesterday. Both babies looked good, with nice heart beats. There was some concern over Baby A's fluid, since the tech only got a single pocket and it was big, but the Perintologist took another look and checked the blood flow to the placenta too, and said he thought everything looked fine. A was estimated at 5lbs and 10oz (57th percentile), while B was estimated at 6lbs and 4oz (79th percentile). In the last week and a half B has switched from head to the left transverse, to head to right transverse, and is now head down on the left. A has been contentedly breech on the right for months, with no signs of moving. Since we're having a recurrent c-section that's not a worry, but the positions do make things awkward for me. I'm still amazed that B feels comfortable enough to move positions as much as it does. That one is an acrobat.

I see my OB Tuesday and we will begin cervical checks then, since we'll be 36 weeks on Thursday. 23 days or less left now... I feel very done. Just exhausted, heavy, and I've been getting crampy off and on for the past week. I haven't been having any contractions really, although I haven't been drinking nearly enough water (I really need to get on that). I've been feeling a lot of pressure/discomfort off and on since B flipped head down too. I still have a cough and some congestion, but I'm really a lot better... I just wish I was 100% better.

I have a lot more done for the babies now. We got the stuff down from the attic, the bassinet cover/fabric is drying on the clothes line right now, clothes are washed and put away for the most part, car seats are out/ready, bottles are down, breast pump out... I know there are still some little things here or there we need to get done, but we're pretty much set to go whenever they get here.

8 comments:

Celia said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Those are great weights! YIPPEEEEEEE!

AnotherDreamer said...

B is actually a bit bigger than V was at this point, so I was really surprised! Definitely relieved they were such great weights :)

Jessi Wallace | LifeAbundant-Blog.com said...

Oh my goodness, this is so exciting!! Those babies are a WONDERFUL weight for twins!! That is wonderful news. I am sure you're sooo done, I don't blame you. I can't wait to see pics of these little sweeties. :)

Shannon Ivy said...

Wow! Everything is going great! Just keep you mantra going on how many max days left... You did great, mama!

Celia said...

Girl, I just had this crazy feeling that it was today.

AnotherDreamer said...

Celia, very unlikely lol. Just got back from my OB... still high and closed. My cervix is like fort knox right now. I mean, strangers things have happened but I think they're staying in a bit longer.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to find out what they are. Boys? Girls? One of each? Do y'all know? If not, do you have a guess?

AnotherDreamer said...

We'll all know soon :) We chose not to find out. I would guess A is a girl, and I have no idea about B. B reminds me of my son V, but I also keep thinking two girls, so who knows.