Friday, May 23, 2014

33 weeks-

Sorry I've been a little MIA. Not much new to report. I was almost over my cold, now my throat hurts and my cough is worse... so either my cold never left, or I caught something else. V had a fever yesterday and wasn't feeling well, but I couldn't see anything wrong with him- no congestion, he wasn't complaining about any specific body parts, so I don't know what's going on with him. Or if I've caught something from him. Again.

We are a little over 33 weeks now. I am exhausted, eating is difficult, I get a lot of round ligament pain now (probably because I'm measuring around 43 weeks), and my pelvic girdle pain (PGP) is bad. I've been dealing with the contractions off/on since our trip to L&D, but they mostly stay away so long as I drink a gallon of water a day. Which is really really hard. I also got morning sickness back, or something, because sometimes I get all day nausea and just can't stand the thought of drinking/eating. I'm running out of non-bruised areas to inject my Lovenox.

I can no longer attempt trips to the store, unless I want to ask for their wheelchair. I tried a week or two ago and very much regretted it- I had horrible back pain, my pelvis popped out weird from the PGP so walking to the van was awful, and of course that short trip triggered contractions. I felt rough for days after. Never again.

Still, the babies are growing good and that's what matters the most. It's just hard sometimes. I keep reminding myself that we have 38 days or less to go now, and every extra day I keep them in is awesome. I know that's what matters most, and this is temporary. I love watching them squirm and fight at night. It's a reminder that they're alive, and that this is what I'm working towards. These two are worth every ache and pain, and I feel extremely fortunate that they're still with us. Right now I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.

3 comments:

An Aspiring Mom-To-Be said...

I am sorry you are feeling so badly. I can't even imagine. Glad they are ok. Hoping these sicknesses go away soon so you and v can have some relief!

Rebecca said...

I'd say I know how you feel but I'm only carrying one and am only hitting week 31. But I do know how the nausea is, that too has returned for me to the point that thinking of eating is just kind of grossing me out.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Hang in there Mama! You are doing great! Can't wait to "meet" these two!