Thursday, April 10, 2014

Entering the third trimester-

Today marks 27 weeks, with 11 weeks to go (at the most)! We are getting there, slowly but surely. I'm feeling a lot better after the stomach flu incident, although I'm still struggling a bit but I think that comes with being this far a long. My breathing is a little better, but I'm also using my inhaler several times a day. I can lay down and breath though, so I think that episode was from a baby to the lungs more than anything else. Which is weird, but what can you do? I did start taking iron supplements after all that, I was feeling very off and I know at this point with V I had low iron and with two babies you need more. My OB will probably test it at the next appointment, but that isn't until the 22nd (almost 29wks), and I didn't want to wait that long. They'll be doing my gestational diabetes test then too, and they should be retesting my thyroid stimulating hormone to make sure that's still good.

I'm consistently measuring about 10 weeks ahead, so while I'm 27 weeks today I'm measuring closer to 37. I did a photo comparison of my bump from last week, so enjoy that. Yes, V was running around me during the photos, ha. He likes to get in on the action.
I have another growth ultrasound with Maternal Fetal Medicine tomorrow. Hopefully the babes are growing on track and all looks well. They've been kicking and wiggling up a storm pretty frequently these days, so that offers me a lot of reassurance. I only got the doppler out once this month, and that was on a low movement day- I didn't even find Baby A but it did kick excessively and move around to avoid/hit the doppler... so I assume all was well.

We're still working on getting the house ready, we've got to finish the room repairs so we can switch rooms around. I got stuff for V's big boy room, but that has to wait until we get into our new room... it's a lot of waiting to get things done. The longer we have to wait to get stuff done, the less I can help with. Which obviously presents an issue since we have barely any help around here. We do want to get V into his big boy room before the babies come though, less transition all at once that way, plus I won't be able to get him in/out of the crib before too long and I definitely won't be able to after my c-section. I really don't want to switch him out of the crib, he still doesn't know how to get out of it so it's nice haha, but I know we need to. It's time.

We really don't need much more for the babies thankfully, I've been buying a little here and there. Actually, I think we have everything for the babies we need, although there are some things I would like... they just aren't necessary. Some things can wait until they're a little older so we're not rushing them either. Most of what's on our to-do list is related to the big room switch up. It's a little overwhelming anyway, to be honest. I'm sure we'll get it done, but I still find myself anxious at times. Maybe it's because I'm so helpless right now, there really isn't anything I can do to expedite the process. I can't really nest, I have to take it easy cleaning, I can't move furniture...

It's hard to believe how close we're getting. If they come early, at say 35 weeks, we might have as little as 8 weeks left. Maximum it's going to be 11 though, which is less than 3 months. Yikes.

2 comments:

An Aspiring Mom-To-Be said...

Wow! You are in the final stretch!

Rebecca said...

So glad that things are going well.