Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Exhaustion at it's finest-

V got the sniffles and seems to have passed them to me. My brain hurts. I think it's more of a head cold, but I don't know. I'm slightly congested, I've had major headaches, and I'm achy. Fatigued.

That's it.

Vincent is cranky, runny nose, coughing a bit... this is the first time he's been sick. Poor kid.

He keeps randomly waking up at 6am... some days he does, some days he doesn't. After only 3 hours of sleep, I really struggle with getting out of bed. Especially when he refuses to go back to sleep, won't eat, doesn't want cuddles, and won't stop screaming (I let him cry for a bit, but when I realized it wasn't going to work and he was coughing, I gave up). He just wanted to play and watch his penguin show. For hours.

I. am. so. exhausted. The other day he settled for watching from me, and then fell asleep on me... of course, as soon as I laid him down all hell broke loose. (*sigh*) Last night, I think we went back to bed and I caught up on most of my sleep, but it's all a blur and I certainly don't feel rested. I wish my husband would help out more when he comes home, especially when he knows I got up with the baby and took him downstairs so that he could sleep since he had to work... but I know he's busy.

I finished my active pills this weekend and got the joys of bad cramps on top of everything. I'm really hoping that next month goes better with them. I have a little more hope for this brand, because I stopped bleeding for a couple days before I started the inactive pills. The other brands I tried didn't even do that much. So, I'm hoping.

I still have to jog tonight. Ugh.

We met with an eye doctor about V's blocked tear duct and they recommended we get the procedure done to fix it. Normally a baby will grow out of the blocked duct, but if they haven't by now the likelihood of it happening is pretty slim. They will put him under general anesthesia, which makes me a little nervous, but the procedure should be very simple and quick. They'll just go in with a prob and clear the passageway, from my understanding. The doctor said the procedure itself just takes a couple minutes.

I've had a lot of serious surgeries in my life, so I know this is actually pretty tame... still, it makes me nervous. I'll be relieved if this works, because he does keep getting eye infections and it does keep getting irritated, but still... there's that worry eating at me. Maybe it's just the helplessness of the situation. I'm not worried, but at the same time this is my baby and the worry is gnawing at me in subtle ways. We go back for the pre-op appointment on the 19th to sign consent papers, then the procedure should be scheduled for the 26th. I'll keep everyone posted on that.


Rebecca said...

Oh, how awful you both must be feeling. Poor V. I hope you both pull through his first surgery experience.
Nods to the head cold. Same here with the headache and fatigue. Hoping you feel better soon.

Celia said...

Exhaustion makes everything worse. I get so jealous of my husband, he is asleep and I am awake and nursing our cranky, teething baby. Who does NOT nap. Just like his brother who does NOT nap. A 13 hour day with a PETER JUST POOPED HIS PANTS AND IT HITTHE RUG AND THEN THE BABY STARTED WAILING. so yeah we need naps.

AnotherDreamer said...

Thanks Rebecca!

Celia, you have my sympathy lady. I don't know how you do it!

Angee said...

I've followed your blog for a LONG time, but I don't think I've ever commented. :) I just wanted to tell you my nephew had a clogged tear duct and had surgery and though I know my SIL was terrified, everything worked out perfectly. It was a great decision for their family. Just wanted to give you a nice positive story. :) I hope you get some sleep soon!

Oh, and our babies are really close in age! My son came at the beginning of December through adoption. So it's been fun to hear about them hitting milestones around the same time. :)