Friday, October 26, 2012

Alls well that ends well!

V's surgery went well. It was hard to pass him off to the nurse, the wait was a little nerve wrecking  (but manageable), and I had him back in my arms a half hour later. He was really distraught at first, it was kind of heartbreaking how upset the poor guy was! But some mommy cuddles, food, and Tylenol soon soothed him to sleep in my arms. I cuddled him until they did their checks and we were cleared to leave.

They were able to pass the probe through the tear duct with no issues. They were also able to pass the colored saline solution out his duct and through his nose, confirming that the duct is now open. Hopefully it will stay that way, and we won't have to keep worrying about these constant eye infections! He has to have eye antibiotic 3x a day for a week though, and nasal spray 3x a day for 2 days... that will be fun... but after that, we should be in the clear! He goes back for a post-op check-up in about two weeks.

After we got home we all had a long nap, and I'm happy to report we all feel a little more human again. Two hours of sleep does not a functional person make! V got a bit upset as his Tylenol wore off, but I've given him another dose and he should be good now. So today there will be lots of cuddles and dosing of meds, but the doctor said that by tomorrow he should be back to his normal self. I sure hope so anyway!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. We really appreciated them!

4 comments:

KC said...

Glad to hear things went well. I think you all deserve a good night of sleep!

Rebecca said...

Happy to read that your son will be okay. Now I only hope that he doesn't get any more eye infections.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Glad for a smooth surgery. Crossing my fingers that he stays okay and there are no more infections.

Shelby said...

It's so hard to see your kiddo in pain, but I'm so glad it went well!